Monday, August 11, 2014

1950'S Gibbs-Conner Porcelain 49ers Bank

1950's Gibbs-Conner 49ers Porcelain Bank

It doesn't get any more classic than to have one of these 1950'S Gibbs-Conner Bank 49ers 8" Porcelain Banks in your collection. This is the first GC Bank I have in my collection and hope to add more types down the road.  The money people pay for these old banks is incredible.  Luckily, I didn't pay much and know a bargain when I see it.  As a collector I realize the rarity of these banks and in my earlier years probably passed a few up just to get to the nice new shiny object that came out on the market that year.

The style of these banks are so classic and l love the hand crafted nature of each teams mascot.  For the 49ers, our beloved Niner even has the '49' belt buckle.  I believe there are other styles and colors of uniforms and will be on the look out as I go into antique shops and the like.  If you know of any other types of 49er Gibbs-Conner banks, please send me a note, I'd love to see it.  



No comments: