Thursday, May 29, 2014

Hedy Glass Update - Shocking News - - - (At Least For Me)

4 Different sized Hedy 49er Glasses
(not including the tumbler)

For all the time I've been collecting Hedy glassware of the 49ers, I was always told that there were only 3 types of glasses, plus then the tumbler style.  So figuring I had all 3 types I thought nothing about the sizes when I would see these glasses on either Ebay or other sites for sale, I figured I have them all.  Boy was I WRONG!!!

Last week I saw that someone was selling 4 of the 3.5" tall glasses.  My first thought was, "Oh, I have that".  Then, something in the back of my mind said, "...you should check the sizes of the glasses you DO have".  So I did.  I was shocked, I didn't have 3.5" I had the 3.75" and the 2.75".  I thought maybe I'm mis-measuring the glasses.  On a spur of the moment, I bought the glasses figuring if I overbought a glass that I already had, I'd sell them.


The glasses showed up today and 'Wella!', sure enough I didn't have this one.  So for those who said there are only 3 glass styles and one 1 tumbler style, you're wrong!  Here's a picture to prove it.


Officially, I now know there are 4 and here are their sizes;

Glass 1)   4" x 3.75"
Glass 2)   3.5" x 3.5"
Glass 3)   3" x 2.75"
Glass 4)   2 3/8th" x 1 15/16th"

I've seen these called Whiskey to Shot glasses, I don't get caught up in names, just sizes from now on.


I'm sooooo excited to get the new set of glasses to add to the collection.  I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning.  


I'm adding this information to my older Hedy post as well, so forgive the duplicate info.


Anyone know of any other Hedy glasses, plates, etc.  Please let me know.  I'm trying to make an entire collection of the 49ers, and I'm sure other collectors of other teams would like to know all the different glasses, plates, carafes, pitchers, etc... that are apart of the entire collection.


No comments: