Saturday, June 30, 2012

Rare Copper or Brass early 1960's 49ers Wall hangings


Mounted up on the top corner of the rail that goes all around my den, I have two metal wall hangings made of either copper of brass, I think they're copper.  They both have embossed or raised insignias of the NFL, and then the 49ers logo on a football. One has the "Shootin' 49er" guy used on promo items from the late 50's to the early 60's. The other has just the SF on the helmet. They measure 20"x16" each.  Where exposed metal isn't, it's painted with a flat black paint.  At first glance you think these were handmade, but once I had purchased them, I noticed one or two on Ebay, so they must have been produced via a limited run...but very RARE.  I love the detail of both of these. Now because the Niners SF logo wasn't used on their helmets until 1962, these are probably from 1962 thru 1966.  Just a guess though.
Top angled corner of my 49ers Den - Bronze Artwork

I was told that they were given to players in the early 60's as an appreciation type gift.  They both had old cheap wooden-ed frames on them but since the frames were falling apart, I took them off.  I could get more robust frames later when I want to.  I love these two pieces because their odd and I love the old, odd 49er stuff and these definitely fit the bill.

Bronze 1950's - 1960's 49er Art
Bronze 1960's 49ers Artwork

No comments: