Monday, January 11, 2016

Another glass piece for the Collection 1960's Hedy 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" Ashtray

1960's Hedy 3 1/2" Glass Ashtray
I'm so excited that I finally got another rare piece for my Hedy collection.  It's the cutest tiniest little plate. I haven't seen these as 49er pieces, I've only seen other teams, but not for all teams, I'm sure they do exist, but probably now part of other collections.  I saw 2 of these for sale on Ebay and had to pick one up, the other tray was bought up quickly.

The size of this tray was always stated to be 4"x4", but (as you can see from the picture) it's the slightly larger than a standard credit card and up along a ruler, it actually measures 3 1/2"x 3 1/2".  I moved the tray slightly before I shot the above picture, thus it's not entirely accurately on the ruler. 

When the Hedy collection was originally sold, this tiny little tray came with a metal dual football shaped cigarette holder.  Unfortunately, I haven't seen any of those holders being sold with the trays or even alone.  
Hedy Ashtray Football Cigarette Holder
One day, I will have a complete set and will able to share with the entire 49ers fan base, ultimately, with hopes to add to the Levi's Stadium Museum if/and when they decided to change a few displays up.

Again,  anyone who knows where I can pick up some of the dual trays, 6"x6" trays, metal cigarette holder or the metal football shaped swizzle stirrer would be greatly appreciated.  Go Niners ! ! !

1 comment:

Obiwin said...

Looks like Touchdown Treasures has a 49ers 6x6 snack tray for sale:
http://www.touchdown-treasures.com/qsearch.php?mode=freesearch&name=hedy&x=32&y=10