Tuesday, July 3, 2012

49ers Vintage 1970's or 80's Metal Signs


Long Metal Vintage 49ers Sign #1

Several years ago, I collected two very heavy metal signs that boasted my Niners.  They were both bought at different times, but had the same weight and odd length to them.  Once we moved into our home with the den, and I saw the top rail that encompassed the room, I knew I had to have at least one up on the rail.  The other one was perfect over the entry of the den, to let other 49er Fans where they were, so I tacked it up right above the dens door entry.

They're both very scratched and definitely used, and at first I thought I would refinish them both, but as I look at them in their worn/used shape, I've decided to keep them as is.  Someone else down the road will probably refurbish them, but not while I'm the curator of this collection. The S.F. 49ers Country sign which is hung over the den entry and measures 36"x5".  The SF 49ers Dr. is up on the rail in the den (thus the little twinkle lights below the sign), and it measures 40"x5".  These are both very heavy signs and had to be extra secured in case of earthquakes.  Both signs are as straight as an arrow, the bow affect is from the camera and the distance I had to get to them in order to get the entire signs in the shot.
Large Metal Vintage 49ers Sign #2

No comments: