Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Jerry Rice Is The Man

Massive 49ers Jerry Rice Museum Piece with Auto'd Items
For my 50th Birthday gift my wife kept asking what I wanted. She wanted to get me something special and NINERS, but figured I had everything I've wanted or asked for anyway. I looked around my den and noticed that I had tons of Rice memorabilia, but nothing all together, just scattered around the den.

So as I looked at my display piece of Joe Montana (I'll highlight this piece in a future blog), I thought, "...wait, I want a Museum Piece of Jerry Rice with some memorabilia in it". So I gave her a signed Jersey, auto's gloves, a football my twin brother got signed from Jerry as they worked together on a film earlier that year, pins and even his rookie card and she sunk some money into the custom framing and gave me the most awesome museum display piece in my den, My Jerry Rice Display.

The picture I've included doesn't show the updated piece that I have hanging in the den today. It's missing a few more pins, and a patch which celebrates Jerry's Hall Of Fame induction, but you can get the idea. I love the stepped use of the matting that the pins and cards are sunk into. The black velvety surface which surrounds the major pieces is great too, it let's those items really stick out.

When it comes to a dollar amount; I've been quoted by some collectors that with the autographs, the rarity of some of the pins, the plexiglass case and all, this 4'x 3.5" display case could fetch up to $5,000. to the right collector. I even considered sending it off to a place like the 49ers museum or Hall of Fame (HOF), just because it captures what a fan loves most about Jerry.

Here are some up close photo's and items in the case.
Personally autographed ball to me from Jerry.  Thanks Jerry.  Also Auto'd gloves.  I added the HOF patch later.             (See other picture below of the updated display with HOF patch added to the jersey)

Some of the pins, cards and Beckett in the lower right side.

Lower left side with one more magazine, more pins and the cards.

A Close up of the Auto'd jersey, with the 75th Anniversary patch and the newly added HOF patch.

I had one of my 3 Jerry Rice Rookie cards added to this piece, plus two auto'd cards perfect placement between the pins.

Upper left side with the more pins...When I get a new pin for the collection of just Jerry, then I open up the plexiglass and add it to the display.

Upper right side of even more pins, plus the new HOF pin.

So out of my whole collection, I'm most proud of this museum piece of Jerry Rice collectables.
Let me know what you think.

No comments: