Monday, December 30, 2019

EXTREMELY RARE - Vernon Davis McFarlane Variant/Chase #30 of 50

As a collector of ANYTHING San Francisco 49ers, I started collecting the Starting Lineup NFL figures from Kenner as soon as they hit the shelf back in 1988.  Once that had played out and finished it's run in 2001 it left a collector hunting for the next big thing to add to a collection, which happened to be McFarlane figures which filled the void that same year in 2001. 

Since the beginning of Todd McFarlane's NFL series of McFarlane NFL Team player figures,  I have diligently collected the entire 49ers players selections, well...all but one.  From the McFarlane figures, I gathered up Forty Niner Players; earlier players, specialty series, distinct sizes and the harder to find Variants or Chase figures.  Out of the entire years of collecting the McFarlane NFL series, the only one I couldn't locate within a price range that I could honestly afford was the Extremely rare Series 32, Vernon Davis Chase/Variant.  The Vernon Davis Variant is of Vernon in his White Jersey and an extremely limited serial numbered figure of 1 of only 50 ever made and distributed, stamped onto the side of the platform or stand.
Series 32 Vernon Davis McFarlane Variant/Chase in a White Jersey
Typically, the Vernon Davis Variant/Chase McFarlane figures sold from anywhere between $300-$650 on up. There was no way I could afford or even justify a purchase like that. So, for years I've kept my eyes and ears peeled for this coveted variant, without any luck and figured that I wouldn't ever have one in my collection...that is until last week.  

Right after Christmas, I noticed a posting for a Series 32 Vernon Davis Variant/Chase McFarlane figure, but there was no mention of a serial number, which is a clear verification of the rare figure.  So reluctantly I purchased it, not knowing if this extremely low priced Vernon Davis Variant in a White Jersey was an actual or just a custom painted figurine.

Today in the mail, I received my answer...it was the REAL THING, a serial numbered Vernon Davis Extremely hard to find variant serial numbered #30 of 50WOW ! ! !  I'm so shocked, I got one, Finally, I actually have one. So very cool.
Extremely rare #30 of only 50 McFarlane Vernon Davis wearing a White Jersey 
I finally got one, for a real reasonable price, I actually have one! I'm in total shock. (Can't you tell?) So very cool and I had to share and post my rare find right away.  Last night the 49ers beat the Seahawks for the 2019 NFC West Championship, so it's the perfect celebration gift.  Special thanks to the company that sold it to an avid collector that desperately wanted to add one to his collection.  Deepest thanks.  Go Niners ! ! !


No comments: