Monday, September 3, 2012

Rah..Rah..Rah.. Who Needs A Rally Monkey Anyway? GO NINERS ! ! !

1970's & 80's 49ers Hand Puppet cheering fans
Several years back, one of my sisters who lives in Oregon saw something I haven't collected yet and sent it to me.  A 49er fan hand puppet.  I had no idea that something like this existed.  So as I searched around I found that there were various dolls or puppets that cheered. So, I've decided to share a few that I've collected.
1970's Cheering 49er hand puppet
First I have a circa 1970's Red uniform hand puppet.  When I say hand puppet, I mean you slip your hand inside the jersey and two of your fingers slip into a mechanical holster and then you're able to control his hands/arms to reach out and punch, or wave this 49ers pennant.  Some descriptions call these puppets punching puppets, I just reference them as hand puppets, since your hands control them.  Both sides of his helmet has scrapped SF logos, but still obvious he's a 49ers fan.

1980's 49ers Fan Hand Puppet
This 1980's hand puppet has some 49ers font used during the 1984 Superbowl era, so that's why I've dated him in the 80s.  None of these puppets or dolls have any real distinct markings to date them.  This guy has WAY TOO MUCH MAKEUP!.  Blue eye mascara?  Come on.   But you've got to love his turtleneck, awesome dude.


1960's 49er Miner Cheering in the stands
This cherub faced 1960's old miner doll has seen better days, but truly a remarkable find.  He's carrying a small 1960's logo styled pennant (I actually have it's bigger brother hanging on my rafters here in the 49ers den).  He has a hard plastic face with awesome color, for it's age.  Unfortunately, his feet, which look like rolled paper, are probably missing his boots or whatever miners wore in that day.  But still he's part of the mini cheering section in the den.
The 49ers den cheering section




 GO NINERS ! ! ! 




America's Sweetheart 49ers Cheerleader Doll
 I'm not one to have dolls, for most guys a GI Joe was the closest thing we got to a doll, and even then it was known as an "action figure".  I have hundreds of 49er Starting Lineup and McFarlane action figures, but not dolls.


For my collection I made an exception.  I recently saw this America's Sweethearts 49er Cheerleader Doll for sale and thought about the young girls and women that are fans of the 49ers too and thought, "...Ok, you should get it...not everything is guys and hard hitting in football".  So true.  There are beauties on the sideline with cheers ringing out and dances being danced.  So I pay homage to them with this "Doll". 

49ers Cheerleader Doll out of box
As far as dating this doll, I'm figuring 1990's to recent,  due to first, the condition of the doll and box, practically new.  But also the logo had the darker red in the logo which was part of the logo change back in 90's until to 2000's.  This doll comes with a certificate, Pom Poms and keeps her hair very neat with a hair net, odd to see a doll with a hair net, but hey what ever works right?

If anyone reading this has more information, I invite you to send me a text about it and would appreciate it.

So, these are some of the puppets and dolls in my collection.

No comments: