Tuesday, July 10, 2012

49ers Joe Montana Pin Collection

Since Joe Montana burst onto the scene for the 49ers, I've been collecting anything to do with him.  I started with his cards, pins, figures, etc.  I love that guy.  (In a man-crush type way only)  He's the one that carried out the General's (Coach Bill Walsh) orders.  He brought so much life and belief to this team that he WILLED that team to it's first ever World Championship - Super Bowl XVI (and some talent).  

I remember telling my brother after the first game of the 1980 season, to watch the Niners.  "...our quarterback, Joe Montana..., this guy is unbelievable...he's going to get us our first ring".  Sure enough after winning the playoff game against the much dreaded Cowboys, my phone rang and it was my twin brother, this time congratulating me on my prediction and wishing the team all the best during the Super Bowl.

Ever since that first Super Bowl, Niner fans have witness greatness as a team to recon with.  All thanks to so many people, but in particular, Joe Montana who started the whole thing off.
49ers Joe Montana Pin Collection
I've collected various pins of Joe's and thought I should put them in a shadow box and as the collection grows, I had room to grow because the the vast size of the box.  Here's the current collection of Joe pins.  Some are variants of the same pin, just smaller or larger, or a different material, etc...
Joe Montana Pins Close Up-Top
Thanks Joe for the awesome memories...and may our current team and coach Harbaugh bring us those happy years back.                                     GO NINERS ! ! !
Joe Montana Pins Close Up-Bottom
(My postings will be paused for a couple of weeks, Vacation calls)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a 1990 Joe montana pin its series 1 pin number 1 of 5000. Do you have any idea of its value?