Monday, January 1, 2018

1967 Gund Miner Doll - Revisited

Back in 2012, I posted;

Rah..Rah..Rah.. Who Needs A Rally Monkey Anyway? GO NINERS ! ! !

I focused on cheerleading type dolls.  Some were actual cheerleader dolls.  One of the hardest to find was a Miner 1967 Gund doll.    This is my first Gund doll, rather tattered, nothing on his feet and an aged pennant.  It's the classic 49er 1960's crest logo. I was please just to have him in my collection.
My 1st 49ers Miner Gund Cheerleader Doll
And, why Gund, because that is what I was told it was and my older Miner had the tag but most of it had faded, but now I can finally confirm, yes it's a Gund doll.  I was recently looking for something in my closet and noticed an unmarked box, sealed and rather light.  I opened it up and I had totally forgotten that over 2 years ago I had found and bought a doll in "Near New" condition, a practically brand new 1967 Gund 49er Miner Cheerleader Doll.  So, I am now able to confirm it truly is a Gund.  The tag on the front says;
1967 NFL Properties Tag of the GUND Miner Cheerleader Doll
And the backside of the tag reads; 
Gund MFG. Co.
J. Swedlin Inc.
360 Suydam St.
Brooklyn, NY  
Made In Japan
New Old Stock - My 1967 Gund 49er Miner Cheerleader Doll
I still don't have a dedicated room to put up my collection, unless I get another call from the 49ers Museum for more items, but once I get a dedicated room again, this little guy is going up and cheer on Jimmy G and the 49ers in 2018.

Happy New Year and Go Niners ! ! !

No comments: